Skip to main content

What is that?!?!?!?!

It must be a full moon.  In our writing block today myself and my ESOL teacher both had it up to here.  (Just imagine, lol).  Something about the kids that was just not working out.  We would tell them to do one thing and they will do another.  One student was writing a story about a pig.  She was told to draw a picture of her animal.  Why did she draw a butterfly????? Why, why, why????   I asked another student what does a dog look like?  He said a gorilla......  Why, why, Why?!?!?!?  Sometimes I want to have a tantrum, lol.

But the end of the day trumped the beginning.  So we are writing a response to literature.  I passed out paper.  No later than 10 minutes later I called the students up to turn in their paper.  One student brought his paper with some brownish green substance on it.

Me:  "What is this on your paper?"
Student: "Huh?"
Me:  "Throw it in the trash"
At the same time, I smelled something GOD awful.  He walked away kinda funky.  I saw that same brownish green substance stuck to the back of his pants.  Ok, I almost hurled, lol.  Thank goodness it was dismissal time.  As the kids left, I had to pull out the lysol and spray down every surface in the classroom.  I just wasn't sure what he had touched.

These are truly the JOYS of teaching kindergarten.  Welcome to my world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Style

I came in with a new hair style. I have Tree Braids. Here is our conversation: Kid 1 (boy) - Mrs. Reid what happened to your hair???? Kid 2 (boy) - It's a big hair now! Kid 3 (girl) - It's a big hair but it's pretty.

Egg Hunt

We started the day off with Wreck It Ralph. We had our 9-week attendance movie.  The students that have perfect attendance are entitled to a movie & snacks. Afterwards, we made egg baskets. Then it was the finale.....THE EGG HUNT (In my very excited screaming kid voice). The kids REALLY enjoyed themselves.

It's Summer Time

It's the summer time and I have once again bit off more than I can chew!  I signed up to get my Masters in Early Childhood Education.  For some reason I thought I was superwoman.  I have a new baby and I am a full-time graduate student.  It is difficult because I spend all day trying to complete my assignments and tend to my baby and my 10 year old.  I am so sorry I did this to my children.  I figured this will help the family in the long run but I am drowning.  What will I do when I start work?  I will not have time to sleep.  What have I done?