Skip to main content

Friday, 3/7/13 - Measurement

The highlight of our day was Measurement.  The kids had a blast.

Measurement Lesson

Common Core Standard: MD1

Materials:  Balance scale, linking cubes, white board erasers, crayons, color pencils, erasers, scissors, and pencils.

First, the students had to estimate how many linking cubes it would take to EQUAL a given item.  Then they had to actually do the measurement.  The students had to place an item in one side of the scale and place linking cubes in the other side until both sides are equal.  My students LOVE hands on activities.  They were in  4 groups with 1 scale per group.  I had to assign group captains because my students FIGHT over anything.  So I assign captains so there would only be 1 person touching the materials at a time. I wish I had taken pics but I forgot.  Sorry.  In the future, I will try and post a visual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silly Sock Day

Wednesday, 3/6/13 was silly sock day. I live for stuff like this. Kindergarten should be FUN while learning.

Our week

On Monday, one of my students threw up on the table while sitting in her seat. She just sat there in it. When I told her to go to the nurse, she gets up & there is vomit dripping from her forearms. YUCK! Then another day one of the kids farted as loud as a grown ass MAN. I tried to ignore it but of course the other kids made a BIG deal about it. Then the little joker kept farting. YUCK! So during writing, one of my kids wrote:  "jfgeesc has". He came up to me extremely exited. Student: Mrs. Reid I can read my sentence! Mrs. Reid: Okay, sweetie read it to me. Student:  "I can blow your house". Mrs. Reid: Wow! That is awesome. You are doing such a great job working today. I wasn't lying. It's hard for this student to do anything. That was great for him. Last thing: I was listening to the kids talk. So there is a really smart kid who has a slight speech impediment. So he said: "Hey Minny"! She said: "My name is MILLY"! (with an...

It's Summer Time

It's the summer time and I have once again bit off more than I can chew!  I signed up to get my Masters in Early Childhood Education.  For some reason I thought I was superwoman.  I have a new baby and I am a full-time graduate student.  It is difficult because I spend all day trying to complete my assignments and tend to my baby and my 10 year old.  I am so sorry I did this to my children.  I figured this will help the family in the long run but I am drowning.  What will I do when I start work?  I will not have time to sleep.  What have I done?